(How’s that for committing to an answer?!)
But seriously, beyond that general recommendation, eclipse2024.org can’t tell you where you should watch the eclipse from – there are just too many variables in play:
- Where can you find lodging?
- What places might you want to visit in conjunction with the eclipse? [pun intended!]
- What is your risk tolerance for expected climate and weather?
- Do you want to be on centerline or near the edge?
- Is this your first total eclipse, or your tenth?
- How mobile can you be on eclipse day?
- How difficult is travel for you – physically/financially/logistically?
- How many people (and kids) are in your party?
These and other factors will influence your decision greatly, and the decision you make will be the right one for you and you alone.
Whatever you do, make sure you are in the path! And be sure to let us know how great your experience was!